Saturday, October 30, 2010

Things I love

  • God.
  • My wife.
  • My daughter.
  • My family.
  • My church.
  • My Bible.
  • To pray.
  • My parishioners.
  • My staff/team
  • My friends.
  • My city/community.
  • My neighbors.
  • My job.
  • My right to vote.
  • My right to worship God.
  • My right to free speech.
  • My dog.
  • Sweet tea.
  • Vacations.
  • Quality leadership.
  • Peanut butter.
  • Elegant dinner parties.
  • Clean vehicles.
  • Freshly painted rooms.
  • HD picture quality.
  • My mother's corn bread.
  • The fragrance of Spring.
  • A cool fall day at the apple orchard.
  • The Smokey Mountains.
  • The big city feel of Chicago.
  • Seeing new believers grow in Christ.
  • A church full of expressive worshipers.
  • Connecting with new families.
  • Testimonies of healing.
  • Laughing till my sides hurt.
  • Old hymns.
  • Football.
  • Smart phones.
  • A fireplace in the winter.
  • GPS.
  • My truck.
  • A chair that reclines.
  • Soulful singing and gospel music.
  • Technology that enhances worship and ministry excellence.
  • People who show initiative and take ownership of the ministry.
  • Seeing people succeed.
  • Elliptical machines more than treadmills.
  • Chicken salad salads.
  • The smell of cinnamon.
  • Fresh cut grass.
  • Golf.
  • Bottled water.
  • Shiny shoes.
  • Harmony.
  • Unity.
  • Good movies.
  • Fast Internet connection.
  • Fresh baked bread.
  • Krispy Kremes.
  • Fruity Pebbles.
  • Reece Cup Ice Cream
Maybe you love the same things. It doesn't sound "weird" when someone says they love "Big Mac's or Cotton Candy"....but if someone says "I love my church" you're looked at like a a crazy fanatic who's gone overboard!

For the record...I love my church! (SMILE) I enjoy it...I don't endure it.

My parents raised me in the church. I guess you could say I'm a product of the church. I'm not ashamed of this. My life was changed at eight years old when I met Jesus. He moved inside my heart and altered my destiny.

Our church matters. It must matter - God built it.

If you say you love Jesus but don't go to church or support it...then you're no different than a guest at a wedding who boos the bride. The groom don't take to kindly to that.

I have often said "there is no perfect church." Our church is full of imperfect people who have lots of issues, problems, hang ups and personality conflicts. BUT WE ARE STILL A GOOD CHURCH!

God built this church. Just think...next year BFWC will celebrate 50 years of ministry in Indianapolis! AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL! (Matthew 16:18)

Jesus is the head of His church. He died for it...so I would say it matters to Him. You are not called to ATTEND a church...you are called to BELONG to one.

If I want to make sure Kaitlyn drops out of church one day then all I need to do is force her to attend a church that I secretly wished I didn't attend. She would sense whether I truly loved the church or not. I LOVE THE CHURCH! I have received a new life in Christ and I'm not ashamed to DECLARE it!

Isn't it time WE GET FIRED UP about our relationship with Jesus? After all, He died for us so that we might LIVE. The least I can do is GIVE HIM A SHOUT OUT so the world can hear me!

BFWC we have a bright future ahead of us! Just imagine what God can do through us in days to come. Let's live for Him like we LOVE HIM! He isn't coming back for an audience...He's coming back for an ARMY!

Next year Beverly and I will celebrate 12 years at BFWC! I'm in it to win it! I loved this church when we had 22 people and I certainly do love it now as well!

I love the people of this church family (community of believers). Thank you for investing your time, talent and treasure by taking ownership / responsibility. It is an honor to lead...it's an honor to serve...it's honor to LOVE!