Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Couldn't Sleep Last Night

I could hardly sleep last night.  I was up at 3:00 am this morning thinking on the GOODNESS of the Lord.  It's as if I had an overwhelming sense of WARMTH in my soul.

God has been so good...and He is doing SO MUCH in our church.  I always want to be TRANSPARENT with you...so in that transparency I'd have to say...sometimes I let the critics get to me...but when I began to think about the things God is doing...I just melted in my heart.
  • Last Wednesday night I talked with a couple that began coming to our church within the past few months - and as a result they're STILL TOGETHER and NOT DIVORCED!
  • A young couple that started comng to BFWC because a person in our church bought their meal at McDonalds - as a result...they came...RECEIVED CHRIST...went through pre-marriage counseling with our marriage ministry...and I had the privilege to marry them!
  • I talked with a family last week that told me that they have GROWN more at BFWC in the last year than their entire Christian life!
  • A student told me this past week that they couldn't imagine life without BFWC...they had GAINED THE FAMILY they had always longed for!
  • A pastor called me last week and said that BFWC had provided him so much inspiration and encouragement!  He has been watching our services LIVE over the internet before his service begins!  He said, "whenever I'm dry...I tune in and get REFRESHED!"
  • Beverly and I met with a lady a couple of weeks ago that needed a job...like yesterday!  She emailed us today and LANDED a GREAT JOB!
  • Our TRANSPORTATION MINISTRY is busting the SEAMS!  An entire family got saved this past weekend!  I can't wait till we BAPTIZE THEM!
  • STREETLIGHTS led 38 people to CHRIST on Saturday!
  • UPWARD Basketball & Cheerleading evaluations begin next month! Still thanking God for the families that have joined BFWC as a result of this incredible outreach!
It just hit me this morning that LIVES ARE BEING CHANGED AND IMPACTED FOR JESUS CHRIST - and that's what it's ALL ABOUT to me!

At breakfast this morning, I nearly burst into tears...as I was still overwhelmed with the GOODNESS of GOD!  Sure...there are down days...who doesn't have them?  BUT there are more UP than DOWN

You must not lose your joy in the down times.  You just have to keep going forward with the VISION God gave you.

I want to see SOULS SAVED!
I want to make a GENERATIONAL IMPACT!
I want to birth SONS into the Kingdom!

I want to see people RESTORED and EQUIPPED!

This morning I thought about what God has done...but then later today I began to reflect on what HE IS ABOUT TO DO!
  • Our CARE Pastors - Leeroy & Maxine Hill, moved to Indianapolis over the weekend and are READY TO ROLL!
  • I'm bubbling up inside cause we've got more news to announce VERY SOON!
BFWC - there are some awesome things about to happen ... it makes me want to JUMP, RUN and SPIN! lol

I love serving with you! 

We are FAR from perfect - but we're making great strides to become the church God has called us to be!  We are on a JOURNEY...and I am so glad that He is allowing me to be a part of this!

I love to see what God is doing!  IT PUMPS ME UP!  Shoot me an e-mail and let me know what you're seeing the Lord do in your life!  DON'T KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! (pastorhylton@bfwc.net)