Thursday, August 29, 2013

Accepted by Abba

Everyone wants to be LOVED.  Our hearts yearn for love and acceptance.  In reality, thousands may love us, but if just one person doesn't we tend to focus on the one that doesn't rather than the thousands that do.  Have you ever held an argument in your mind with people who've criticized you, or worse, snubbed you?  What can fill that empty spot in your heart?

Here's the answer:

Romans 8:15 "Ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."


It is God's Spirit that has confirmed who you REALLY are!  That's what the Spirit of God wants to do for each of us.
  • We ARE God's children!  
  • We ARE heirs to all He owns!
  • We ARE protected day and night by His love!
  • We ARE directed step-by-step by His Spirit!
  • We ARE given favor even in the midst of adversity!
  • We ARE His!
Think about what Apostle Paul says here, "You have received the SPIRIT OF ADOPTION."

Adoption isn't a word we use everyday.  And yet, this word carries with it the most amazing meaning: the act of PREMEDITATED love!

God is saying to us... 
  • BEFORE you saw Me, I saw you.  
  • I adopted you.  
  • I gave you My name, My nature, My family, and My inheritance!  
  • Now you can call me "ABBA," which literally means "my daddy."
It doesn't matter how many people reject you, when you realize your ACCEPTANCE by God has always been in place.

Today, you can run to Him, curl up in His arms and say, "My daddy!"