Monday, January 6, 2014

From Worthless To Worth

No matter how much we talk about Jesus…I find myself wanting to talk about Him more.  In fact, I want to spend quality time with people who love to do the same.  

Are you hungry to speak about Jesus?
Do you talk about Jesus more than you comment on Facebook?

Isaiah said, "A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench." (Isaiah 42:3)

Can you think of anything more WORTHLESS than a bruised reed that people have trampled on?  Jesus will not walk by it, and He will not walk on it.  He'll stop and gently strengthen it in the broken places, and then He'll straighten it up so it can grow again.

Can you think of anything more USELESS than a smoldering wick that once burned brightly? But watch how Jesus works; He carefully POURS fresh oil into the empty lamp, and then gently BLOWS on the flax until it ignites again.

I don't know about you, but I've been a BRUISED REED and a SMOKING FLAX, and when I couldn't reach up, He reached down and lifted me from hopelessness and despair.  He made me strong in the broken places and fanned the smoldering flax into a flame of LOVE.  And He's done it for you, too, hasn't He?

Take a moment today to tell Jesus how much you love Him!