Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Shame On You!

Dear BFWC Family & Friends,

I grow weary of seeing people wounded by the condescension of religious people who act like they're so holy that they're God's model of perfection for the rest of us struggling saints. Truth be known, people who walk around with religious pride and entitled arrogance probably have more skeletons in their closet than you can shake a stick at.  

People who have to put you DOWN in order to lift themselves UP... are dealing with much more than meets the eye. It's interesting to me that some people can swallow a camel but gag on a gnat.  In other words they can eat 12 chocolate bars and then tell you, you should eat a salad!

As a pastor, I deal with the brokenness of humanity each and every day.  There are so many people who are hurting who have been wounded by the church, society and by their own families.  To make matters worse, it's often "church people" who are the greatest offenders at belittling others and placing guilt and condemnation on those who they feel aren't as "worthy" as them or aren't living up to "their" expectations.

I know I'm going to make some people mad with this email...but let me just say it like it is: 
  • Until you get your own house in order, don't talk to me about my house.  
  • Until you can get your own weight under control, don't talk to me about my weight. 
  • Until you can quit gossiping, don't talk to me about my mouth.
  • Until you can quit your unhealthy habits, don't tell me how to overcome mine.

Friends, don't let anyone put SHAME ON YOU...ANYMORE! Shaming is a technique used by abusive people to divert attention away from their own behavior and their own issues so they can put pressure on you and maintain control over your life! You won't have to walk away from them...because the moment you REFUSE to let them put shame on you...they will walk away from you!

I want you to know today...
  • YOU ARE A VICTOR...NOT A VICTIM!  
  • You ARE NOT bad...you are GOOD! 

I don't care who told you that you'd never measure up to their standards!  MAKE THE BREAK! You don't have to live under a SHAMING SPIRIT anymore!  Don't believe the lies they've been telling you!  YOU ARE LOVED!  YOU ARE VALUABLE!  YOU ARE WORTHY!  YOU ARE GOD'S CHILD! GOD LOVES YOU!

Join us Wednesday night for our study on this subject...we're gonna PUT AN END TO THE SHAME GAME!