Thursday, April 5, 2018

ALIGNMENT structures ANOINTMENT for ASSIGNMENT

The complexities of ministry are best understood in retrospect. As I look back over my shoulder, I see more clearly the path that God laid for my future. 

I didn't set out to "pastor."  I did, however, feel the "pull & desire" to SERVE in ministry wherever, whenever & whatever.  It's as I served the Lord & His leaders that doors began to open for me. Doors I didn't imagine. Doors that my leaders helped open for me, through the Holy Spirit's leading. 

I remained "undercover" (and still am). I never made a move without FIRST coming to my leader(s) & laying before them the burden & burning of my heart. Then I left it there & kept doing what I was doing. No rush. No hurry. Sure, I was full of excitement & expectation but not looking for a "new thrill"...when everything God had for me was already before me & if I would just OCCUPY what I was already assigned...my NOW would produce my NEXT.

When the Lord begins to order your footsteps, He ALIGNS you. 
  • He aligns you to His Kingdom purpose
  • He aligns you with those you're serving 
  • He aligns you in such a way that there is no confusion

The ALIGNMENT structures the ANOINTMENT 
that equips you for the ASSIGNMENT!

There remains in me an inward confidence & a Godly fear all rolled into one.  A confidence that God will NOT fail, has not failed and never will fail. This knowledge keeps me on the edge of my seat with an expectation that God is at work IN all things and THROUGH all things in my life. 

When you feel the STIRRING of The Lord, it's not always a change of BOATS...but rather a knowledge of where to best CAST your NET for Kingdom Harvest.  It's so important to be in covenant with a spiritual father/mother who will GUIDE you, PROTECT you & COVER you.  Without their blessing & covering, you'll be tempted to do things in the FLESH while trying to classify it as "The SPIRIT" leading.  For this reason we find a DIFFERENCE in those who are SENT and those who WENT. (Read more about this subject)

God is a God of order. He doesn't operate in confusion, coercion or collusion.  He operates in the LIGHT.   For example: If God has truly spoken to me about something He wants me to work towards, He will have me consult with those I'm "under" & "submitted" to.  He WILL NOT have me get everyone else's opinion (those who I'm not submitted to), work my own plan & then try to lay it out before my leader as if it's an already done deal. He will have me operate in ALIGNMENT because ALIGNMENT structures the ANOINTMENT that equips me for my ASSIGNMENT.

In the Kingdom of God, PROTOCOL is PARAMOUNT.  Without it, we are a runaway train heading down the wrong track.  May I also add, a dangerous practice in the Body of Christ is identifying ourselves by titles BEFORE our gift is fully proven.  (Notice that the early church knew this & set up PROTOCOLS when laying hands on anyone.)

If God has CALLED you, rest assured He will QUALIFY you...and it won't be in the way you see it or expect it.  We must get our eyes off of PEOPLE and quit listening to POPCORN PROPHETS who are gifted in TALK but lack a quality WALK in the Kingdom of God.

Friend...everything isn't "Thus saith The Lord!"  Allow me to teach here:  It's best to give prophetic words without a label. There's no need to say, "The Lord said or the Lord told me to tell you" unless necessary. 

Stay in ALIGNMENT & you'll receive the ANOINTMENT for the ASSIGNMENT.

Selah