Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Is It Worth It Anymore?

Today, my heart reflects on the goodness of our Lord and all He has done. Even the heat of the sun today is a reminder of God’s beautiful creation and the fact that His mercy endureth forever! (Psalms 136:8)

I’m still feasting on the five decisions that were made for Christ on Sunday! This is what it’s all about for me! SOULS, SOULS, SOULS. Discipleship!!!!! My souls yearns for new believers!

Sometimes, we can become so occupied with “ministry work” we simply forget to BREATHE in the goodness of the Lord.

• He’s the one who placed us in ministry.
• He’s the one that called us.
• He’s the one that enabled us to get out of bed this morning.
• He’s the one we must never lose our LOVE for.

• What is it that motivates me to serve Him with unbridled passion?
• What is it that keeps me going when faced with the fickleness of human emotions?
• What jump starts my dead batteries in the morning?
• What carries me through difficult situations?

FAITH

Simply put, my faith in the unchanging hand of God.

• He has never lost a battle.
• He has never given in to fear.
• He has never compromised His commandments.
• He has never retreated.
• He has never made a promise He didn’t keep.
• He has never allowed calamity and trials steal His victory.
• He has never told a lie.
• He has never thought about quitting.
• He has never regretted dying for my sins.
• He has never stopped loving me.
• He has never talked about me behind my back.
• He has never stopped believing in me.
• He has never ignored me.
• He has never not shown me mercy and kindness.
• He has never needed a jumpstart.
• He has never sold the truth for a lie.
• He has never talked out of both sides of His mouth.
• He has never been intimidated by a mountain.
• He has never lost sleep over bills.
• He has never not answered.
• He has never quit me.
• He has never grown weary of me.
• He has never hated me.
• He has never been impartial.
• He has never held my past against me.
• He has never held a grudge.
• He WILL NEVER stop loving me!

I can’t express in words at this moment the depth of my love for Him.
• Without Him I would have already given up.
• Without Him my past would have dictated my future.
• Without Him the old man wouldn’t have let go.
• Without Him my song would only be sad.
• Without Him my future wouldn’t be secure.
• Without Him my heart would be aching.
• Without Him my stomach would be in knots.
• Without Him my nerves would be shattered.
• Without Him my feelings would stay hurt.
• Without Him I would be a train wreck emotionally.
• Without Him I wouldn’t have the courage to face tomorrow.
• Without Him my pain would be too overwhelming.
• Without Him I’d be most miserable.
• Without Him there’d never be a sunrise or a sunset.
• Without Him my family would be dysfunctional.
• Without Him my earthly plans would derail my future.
• Without Him my imaginations would deceive me.
• Without Him I’d given up a long time ago.
• Without Him my marriage would fail.
• Without Him my child would have no Godly heritage.
• Without Him I wouldn’t want to live in this cruel world.
• Without Him I would have retaliated when my enemies reproached me.
• Without Him I’d be somewhere out of mind right now.
• Without Him I’d been locked up somewhere.
• Without Him I would have repeated patterns of dysfunction that the world declares is normal living.

Oh, but with Him I’ve seen the joys of souls saved.
• With Him I’ve gained courage to keep walking.
• With Him I’ve been held back from sins destruction.
• With Him I’ve seen my family come to Christ.
• With Him I’ve traded my sorrows for His treasures.
• With Him I’ve won the victory.
• With Him I’ve gained freedom from the haunting of my past.
• With Him I can press through.
• With Him I can climb over.
• With Him I can war a good warfare.
• With Him I can command the devil to flee and he must!
• With Him I can enjoy the blessings afforded by grace.
• With Him I can declare words of promise over my generational seed line.
• With Him I can behold new beginnings.
• With Him I can weather the storm.
• With Him I can stop the lions mouth.
• With Him I can run faster and farther.
• With Him I can preach with boldness.
• With Him I can deal with life’s everyday issues.
• With Him I can sleep at night.
• With Him I can rest my spirit and body.
• With Him I can say goodbye to stressful living.
• With Him I will not be defeated.
• With Him I will overcome.
• With Him I cannot lose.
• With Him I’ll keep singing.
• With Him I’ll keep preaching.
• With Him I’ll keep pastoring.
• With Him I’ll keep administrating.
• With Him I’ll keep dreaming.
• With Him I’ll keep feeding.
• With Him I’ll keep leading.
• With Him I’ll keep visionating.
• With Him I’ll take risks.
• With Him I’ll walk on land and water.
• With Him I’ll shut out the voice of naysayers and complainers.
• With Him I’ll keep on doing what I’m called to do.

• Don’t give up.
• Don’t quit now.
• Don’t lay down the fight.
• Don’t surrender to doubt.
• Don’t forget your armor.
• Don’t retreat.
• Don’t shut down.
• Don’t sit idle.
• Don’t burn out.
• Don’t fall out.
• Don’t doubt Him.
• Don’t remain reluctant.
• Don’t forget your dream.
• Don’t forget your calling.
• Don’t forget your YES with God.

I just received word while writing this post that our Youth Pastor led two people to Jesus on the street in front of the church!!!!! They were walking by…he was intentional…AND JUST LIKE THAT…Salvation!!!! Isn’t that what’s it’s all about?????

Is it worth it? I think so.