Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pastor Appreciation Reflections

Words cannot express how humbled and honored you have made us feel today. On behalf of our family we say THANK YOU for your incredible outpouring of love last evening. 

We were completely surprised and elated by your words, hugs, cards, expressions and gifts.

Today, I feel refreshed from all the happy tears I shed.  Truly, tears are a language that God understands. 

Our hearts were moved by the stories you told, the videos you showed and the mime "Encourage Yourself In The Lord" were all just overwhelming and almost too much to take in.

What a pleasure to serve this wonderful family...BFWC.  Years ago, Happy Goodman wrote a song "I Don't Regret A Mile" that seemed to convey his journey from the Lord.  I reflect on his words today...

I DON'T REGRET A MILE
Happy Goodman

I don't regret a mile I've traveled for the Lord.
I don't regret the time I've trusted in His Word.
I've seen the years go by many days without a song.
But I don't regret a mile I've traveled for my Lord.

Recitation

I've dreamed a many dreams that never came true.
And I've seen many of them vanish at dawn.
Oh but enough of my dreams have come true,
to make me keep dreaming on.

I've prayed many a prayer, seemed no answer would come.
Though I waited patiently and long.
But there's been answers come to enough of those prayers,
to make me keep praying on.

I've sowed a many seed that's fell by the wayside,
for the birds to feed upon.
But I've held enough golden sheaves in my hand,
to make me keep sowing on.

And I've trusted many a friend that's failed me
and left me to weep alone.
Oh but I've found enough of my friends to be true blue,
to make me keep trusting on.

 I've drank from the cup of disapointment and pain
and gone many a day without a song.
But I've sipped enough nectar from the roses of life,
to make me want to live on.

You are an amazing body of believers!  Thank you for caring, sharing and giving with such thoughtfulness.  Your encouragement is motivating and your faithfulness is reassuring. 

Special thanks to our pastoral team for organizing this time of appreciation.  We are truly appreciative.

Sincerely,

Russell, Beverly & Kaitlyn Hylton