Wednesday, July 18, 2012

At All Costs...Stay Connected

Every relationship we have is precious and a treasure from God.  The way we handle those relationships is a reflection of our heart.  I believe we should look for ways to build bridges into one another's life.  


Honestly, we can all do better than what we're doing right now in moving our relationships higher to the next level in our love for one another.


LOVE - what a word.  Love has to be learned and learned again.  There is no end to love.  The thing about love is that it should be growing.


Relationships evolve over time, people change over time, and our love should strengthen and grow over time too.


Paul said that our love should grow and abound in knowledge and depth. (Philippians 1:9)  With that being said, we cannot afford to let love run on AUTO PILOT.  Our family and friends won't just assume we love them if we don't tell them and express that love in tangible ways.


It's so important to make every effort to keep strong connections in our relationships.  As a result of my upbringing...I find myself saying "I LOVE YOU" to just about everyone I have a conversation with.  There's hardly a phone call I have that I don't end the conversation saying "I LOVE YOU."  Although they may seem to be just words...I mean them every time I say them.


When Beverly and I began serving at BFWC our lives became fuller and more complicated.  Sometimes, our schedules have us moving like ships in the night.  It has taken effort to stay connected...and we still don't get it 100% like we desire.  Taking work home is easy to do...so you have to make a choice not to come home with your mind preoccupied  with all the tasks at hand.


It's not important how we connect, but it is important that we do connect.  One of my favorite times with my family is when we all convene at a restaurant together.  We may all come from different locations, having full schedules,  but getting together keeps our connection strong and helps keep our hearts moving in the same direction.


There are times when I travel that Beverly will put a card or a love note in my suitcase.  It takes time and effort for her to do this...but it sure does make my day and it reminds me that I'm loved and valuable to her.


Sometimes when someone hurts or offends us, we can be tempted to disconnect.  But one of the most common mistakes people make in relationships is to give the other person the silent treatment in an effort to pull back.

WE SHOULD ALWAYS BELIEVE IN ONE ANOTHER,
SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER AND
MOVE FORWARD...CONNECTED.

If you haven't yet...you will be tempted to disconnect with someone.  Beverly and I have been married for twenty-one years and if there's one thing we've learned it's to NOT disconnect even when we disagree.


The Scriptures teach us "Don't let the sun go down on your wrath."  It's not good to go to bed angry with one another.  If you do, you'll wake up angry and frustrated.


Learning to agree to disagree will help you rest in your relationship even when you don't have a resolution to the disagreement by the time you go to bed.


We are all different from one another.  Recognizing that we're all different frees us to experience agape love with each other and REMAIN CONNECTED.  Just because you have a disagreement with your friends or family members does not mean there are not plenty of other areas on which you see eye to eye.  it just means you have a difference of opinion.


When we carry the same heart and the same goal we will remain connected.  In your marriage, home and even relationships you will have disagreements...but we should always BELIEVE in one another, SUPPORT one another and MOVE FORWARD through life together...CONNECTED.