Monday, October 6, 2014

He Loves Me In Spite Of Me!


God loves His children…NOT based on their PERFORMANCE but rather as their POSITION as His child.

And…if you belong to Jesus then God’s love for you is more powerful that the sin that seems to haunt you…
  • God loves you even though you are wrestling through an addiction!
  • God loves you despite the abortion.
  • God loves you even though the divorce was finalized.
  • God loves you even though you can’t get that particular season from your past out of your mind.
  • God loves you even though you rejected His love and sought to be religious to gain His approval.
  • God loves you even though you turned your back on Him and ran as hard as you could.
He loves you because YOU are HIS CHILD (Romans 8:38-39)...and that love He has for us is greater than anything we could imagine or fathom.

He gave His SON to pay for our sins…that’s UNBELIEVABLE love!  Because, honestly, if someone told me it would take the life of my daughter to pay for your sins, well, sorry, you just wouldn't make it! BUT God, IN HIS mercy sent Jesus to absorb His wrath in our place…NOT because we deserved it, but because of His unbelievable love.  (Romans 5:6-8)

His love causes me to be in awe of Him…how HE could love me not BECAUSE of who I am, but in spite of who I am…and love me more than my greatest sin!

I’m in awe of a God who loves like that!