Thursday, February 6, 2020

We Must Combat The Curse Of A Fatherless Generation

We must combat the curse of a fatherless generation!
There are so many sons & daughters who have not had the upbringing of a loving, committed, Christian father. The effects are devastating! It’s an epidemic, in our society!
As a result, there is a vacuum of IDENTITY. Sons & daughters resort to self-teach & self-affirm themselves in an attempt to create identity & find acceptance.
Until fatherlessness is identified & it’s negative effects reversed, through relational healing & acceptance, we will continue to have to contend with the symptoms of rebellion, distrust, pride & unteachability as we attempt to bind up the emotional wounds of this generation.
Having a faithful, faith-filled father in your life is something that should not be taken for granted. I’ve observed that the struggle is real, within the mind of many who are fatherless, to remain submitted to the covering & care of a father/spiritual father. The unfiltered cry of “control” becomes a knee-jerk response because of learned behavior.
I’m thankful for my father(s) in the natural & in the spirit. Their wisdom, correction, guidance & voice in my life has kept me on the right path. At times, like every young man, I thought I knew everything & needed to spread my own wings. But thank God I had people in my life who loved me enough to hold my feet to the fire. Of course, I had to make a decision...to listen or learn the hard way.
Some people will learn hard way because they aren’t willing to receive instruction. There must be a CONSECRATION of the flesh before there will be a LIBERATION of the spirit.
“My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.” Proverbs‬ ‭23:26‬ ‭- Good wisdom from Solomon.
If you have true fathers in your life - not just positional, but relational, hold tight to them. Sit at their table. Learn from them. Watch them. Stand with them. The reciprocity will be a natural & spiritual inheritance that will overflow into your own seed line.