Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Your Committed Pastor

Dear BFWC Family,

From time to time I’m asked “how do you stay so committed to Christ?” Honestly, I’ve never lost my fire for God…however, at times the flame has flickered due to stress, pressure, problems, people, personalities and just plain junk (that is energy zapping)!

But I guess what keeps me going is knowing the Lord’s hand pulled me out of the pit of sin and kept me from losing my mind when I could have been very easily overcome by the enemies attack against me while in my youth.

  • Hell didn’t want me to answer the call of the Lord.
  • Hell didn’t want me to live in peace and sanity.
  • Hell tried to stop me from falling in love with Jesus.
  • Hell tried to kill me off before I ever got started.


  • I didn’t ask to be born into the home of a preacher.
  • I didn’t ask to be raised in church.
  • I didn’t ask to go to church almost every night of the week.
  • I didn’t ask to be raised so strict.

But I’m so glad I was!

  • God has kept my mind and He’s kept my soul!
  • He found me when I was 8 years old and I surrendered my life to Him!
  • At age 15 He called me to the ministry.
  • At age 16 He filled me with the Holy Ghost and fire!
  • TODAY…I’m still running after HIM with my whole heart.

  • I can’t get enough of Jesus! He’s my all in all. He’s my everything.
  • I’ve seen too much to lose out with God at this point.
  • I’ve got nothing to go back to.
  • I’ve killed my oxen and burned up my plow share. (Elisha)

  • Drugs won’t satisfy me.
  • Liquor won’t satisfy me.
  • Promiscuity won’t satisfy me.
  • Worldly pleasures won’t satisfy me.

  • I’m committed to raising my daughter to be passionate about God and His work!
  • I’m committed to my marriage and my wonderful wife!
  • I’m committed to Church that Jesus gave His life for.
  • I’m committed to seeing people born again and live SANCTIFIED lives that are God honoring.
  • I’m committed to making a generational impact.
  • I’m committed to birth sons.
  • I’m committed to discipleship.
  • I’m committed to growing the Kingdom of God here in Indianapolis.
  • I’m committed to raising & training leaders.
  • I’m committed to staying SAVED!
  • I’m committed to doing the right thing even if the right thing isn’t happening to me.
  • I’m committed to walking in integrity.
  • I’m committed to living peaceably with all men.
  • I’m committed to letting my good not to be evil spoken of.
  • I’m committed to being faithful and fruitful.
  • I’m committed to honoring my leaders.
  • I’m committed to keeping my testimony in tact till Jesus returns or I die.
  • I’m committed to loving God and His people.
  • I’m committed to treating people the way I would like to be treated.
  • I’m committed to repenting quickly and asking forgiveness when necessary.
  • I’m committed to walk humbly and not think more of myself than I should.
  • I’m committed to manifestation without weirdness.
  • I’m committed to punctuality.
  • I’m committed to increase with integrity.
  • I’m committed to balance.
  • I’m committed to applauding that which is good and abstaining from that which is rotten.
  • I’m committed to eating better.
  • I’m committed to laugh more and stress less.
  • I’m committed to enjoy each moment of life.
  • I’m committed to keep my heart free from bitterness and hardness.
  • I’m committed to Shepherding God’s people.
  • I’m committed to looking for ways to improve myself and the tasks I’m responsible for.
  • I’m committed to keep my vows and covenants.
  • I’m committed to serve my leaders.
  • I’m committed to take care of the material possessions God has blessed me with.
  • I’m committed to use all my talents for God’s glory and not for my gain.
  • I’m committed to give sacrificially and often when called upon.
  • I’m committed to not being moody and making everyone around me miserable.
  • I’m committed to being stable and solid in my walk with God and my testimony with others.
  • I’m committed to show up on time and perform my best.
  • I’m committed to love people.
  • I’m committed to believe the best in people.

All I can say is….BUT GOD!

Had the Lord not kept me…I would probably be somewhere out of my mind right now. BUT GOD! He kept me!
  • Who am I to think that I’ve got it all figured out?
  • Who am I to think I can come and go with God at my will?

I am dust.


  • God is so good to me.
  • I love Him today!
  • I love my wife and daughter!
  • I love my family!
  • I love the church I am allowed to shepherd! (BFWC – you are my beloved family!)
  • I love our staff!
  • I love our leaders!
  • I love our city!
  • I love my fathers!

I haven’t lost my passion! My passion has increased since I’ve come to Jesus!

I believe every Sunday & Wednesday is going to be “The Super Bowl!” Let’s do this!