Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Right Place, Right Time

Something exciting happened to me this past Saturday.  I was getting breakfast for my family at McDonald's.  I didn't realize that this particular McDonald's was celebrating their Grand Re-Opening.  The manager said to me, "You are one of the first 100 customers today and we are giving you a year's worth of Egg McMuffins!"

I was in the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME.

I immediately thought about the Burger King I passed up, which was closer to the house, and was glad I made the choice to drive a little further.

I've seen this happen to people. They just always seem to be in the right place at the right time.  It may be a choice parking spot at the mall or they just happen to step into situations where they get blessed at the right time.

What do you call that? Some might say it's LUCK and others would say it's DIVINE INTERVENTION.  Think about that.  Personally, as a Believer, I don't believe in luck.  I believe in GOD'S TIMING.

God knows your need today.  He knows when, where, how and by whom your needs are to be met.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 tells us, "He has made everything beautiful in its time..."

I don't know about you...but I want to be found in God's TIME.  Look at this passage...

Ecclesiastes 9:11-12 "I returned and saw under the sun that - the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to men of understanding, nor favor to men of skill; but TIME and chance happen to them all.  For man also does not know his TIME: like fish taken in a cruel net, like birds caught in a snare, so the sons of men are snared in an evil TIME, when it falls suddenly upon them."

Read this again slowly...
  • "The race is not to the swift" 
    • The race isn't always won by the fastest person.
  • "Nor the battle to the strong." 
    • The battle isn't always won by the strongest person.
  • "Nor bread to the wise, nor riches to men of understanding." 
    • Solomon said that men of understanding are not the only ones who gain riches.
  • "Nor favor to men of skill; but time and chance happen to them all." 
    • Solomon is telling us that those who are better, wiser and stronger don't win the war, don't win the race, don't get the riches and don't win the favor.  BUT THOSE who are in the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME win the race and enjoy favor and success!
Only God can put you in the right place at the right time!  
  • Self-effort won't do it.
  • Studying more won't do it.
  • Working harder won't do it.
  • Strategy won't do it.
  • Who you "know" won't do it.
There are also people who find themselves in the WRONG PLACE at the WRONG TIME.  Verse 12 says "They get caught in a net and they don't even know why."
  • Everything goes wrong.
  • They are constantly caught up in evil circumstances.
But being in the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME will put you in alignment to receive the BLESSINGS, FAVOR and PROVISIONS of God!