Thursday, September 13, 2012

Still in Love

Beverly and I want to invite you to attend this year's "I want To Be Married 4 Life" Marriage Conference on October 5-7, 2012 in Indianapolis.

This year's conference will be filled with lots of encouragement, life lessons and laughs that are sure to impact your marriage in a positive way.

Joining us this year are Pastor's Eddie & Karen Jones from Christian Life Center in Rolla, MO. You will love their heart and the passion they bring concerning marriage!  Join us for the entire weekend and take advantage of this life changing conference!

While we've been preparing for this conference, my heart has been warmly reminded of the love Beverly and I share for one another.  God has blessed us with 21 years of marriage.  Officially, we've been married longer than the length of time we spent living with our parents.  We were so young, poor and naive.  But we were in love and determined to make it work...no matter what.

God has greatly blessed us with incredible examples for our marriage through the example of our parents.  Early on, we faced our struggles just like every couple does but we stood firm upon the foundation of the Word of God and the relationships of strong marriages that surrounded us.

Today, we recognize what life have given us while anticipating what God has in store for us next.  Because of what Beverly and I have experienced along the way, our love has transcended the explainable.  It has moved to a place where our souls simply exist together because of the investments already made.

It is in this place where I know I still love my wife.  It is here where I still feel the warmth of the comforting love of God that surrounds us.  Although love's flame can be fragile at times, it will never be extinguished.  I'm certain my last breath will be shared with Beverly.

Here are just some of the reasons why I love my wife...

  • Beverly has a heart for God and for His people.  Her love and compassion for others compels me to love deeper and go the extra mile.
  • Her quiet confidence is as bright as her beauty.
  • She stands firm for her convictions and loves unconditionally.
  • She keeps her heart open for anyone that is hurting and when she holds my hand I don't want her to ever let go.
  • I miss her when we're apart.  She is my best friend.
  • She loves football and knows how to interpret the call on the field.
  • She loves me and takes good care of me...even when I continually leave my socks on the floor.
  • She gives her best, even sacrificially, for her family.
  • She knows how to encourage each one of us...and she can help me find my smile when it's missing.
  • She brings me sweet teas even when I don't ask.
  • She has a spirit that refuses to give up.
  • Beverly has seen me in the morning and still gives me a kiss.
  • She keeps a clean house and works circles around most.
  • She is romantic and loving and has a quick wit at the same time.
  • She loves me.
Perhaps you can make a list for your spouse today.  Think of all the reasons you love your spouse and then thank the Lord for His many blessings in your life.