Saturday, January 7, 2017

Two Kinds of Church Members

There are two kinds of people in your church:
1) Those who come to GET HELP. 
2) Those who come to HELP.
We will always have both. However, at some point you can't just view the church as a SOCIAL AGENCY that is always there to bail you out of whatever your emergency is this week. You must transition yourself to be the kind of person that is now HELPING THE VISION OF THE HOUSE.
Sadly, I see in the church world too many people that only want to HELP THEMSELVES.
IF YOU ATTEND A LOCAL CHURCH, get up under the arms of your leaders & push them upward! When you do, you will be first in line for the OIL that falls from their elbows. (That oil is thick & fragrant.)
Don't view your church as just a place for you to "do your thing" or "showboat your gift".
Refuse to bail from your post, because the CROWD is competing for your attention. Be ROOTED. Be FAITHFUL. Be FRUITFUL.
I don't view our church as a "stepping stone" ministry...while I'm waiting on something "BETTER" to open up. I'm ALL IN! I'm in it to win it! I've burnt my plowshare & killed my oxen. I have no "Plan B".
It's VISION is my primary concern. And when we achieve it...TOGETHER...we will reap a harvest that will affect our CALLING, CAREER, CHILDREN & CHOICES!
Get rooted & HELP where you're needed. Quit waiting for the NEXT BIG THING. Focus on what God has so graciously given you now, and you'll walk into contentment.
If you run here & there, you'll be one of those people that are known for running here & there...to wherever looks advantageous at the time.
I simply say this: NO ROOT...NO FRUIT. God's GRACE will KEEP you & will COMPLETE you right where you are, if you'll remain long enough for Him to finish in you what He has started.