Thursday, June 28, 2018

Thursday Thoughts


Thursday Thoughts...

Thank you for being in service last night for our MidWeek Service. I was encouraged by the Worship and the Word!  Deacon Ron Howard shared a great message about the Will of God.   

Here are some related thoughts...

"One of the greatest things I've learned as a leader is to FIND MENTORS! Mentors exist, but they don't just appear in your life. They are pursued! Sitting under a professor in a lecture is a minimal form of mentoring. Interaction is vital if 'wise counsel' is to be obtained." - Bishop Tony Miller

​• Submission to authority isn't about being in control but about being able to release. When we realize that men confirm what God has already spoken, we're don't struggle internally with being told what to do or submitting to someone over us in the Lord. 
• On this side of the Cross, we are under delegated authority. Everything Jesus did, when He established His church is through delegated authority.  Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Evangelists & Teachers. (Ephesians 4:11-12).
• We don't go around that process, claiming, "God speaks to me & I don't need anyone telling me what to do."  In fact, God will speak to you through the Holy Spirit...however, He has mapped out authority in our lives that CANNOT be circumvented.  Your leaders will confirm through the unanimity of The Spirit what "thus saith The Lord."

• I'm extremely thankful for this. Submitting to my leaders has freed me from the inner struggle that comes with allowing those over me in the Lord to speak freely into my life.  When the Old Testament pattern & the New Testament pattern both speak in the cannon of Scripture...then what we feel personally doesn't prevail. 

• When Jesus said, "Not my will but thine be done." - He was submitting to the direction of His Father.  Jesus modeled to us how we are to carry His will in all things. 

• What if Jesus would have said, "I know you're my father and I know I gave you permission to speak into my life...but concerning this one area...I'm going to have to take back what I said I submitted to and handle this one on my own."

​• It didn't happen for Jesus...and it shouldn't happen that way for us.   Everything we do should be laid at the feet of those over us in the Lord so that the BLESSING of The Lord is apparent for all to see. 

​• In the New Testament, when certain disciples were sent forward, to a location or on a mission, they did so with the blessing of the Apostles.  This freed those within proximity from any confusion. 

• God is not the author of confusion. He doesn't say "oops", "surprise" or gut punch us with His will.  The Will of God will always edify the Word of God.  The Word of God will be on full display in instruction and application when the Will of God is actually the Will of God.

Selah​