Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Love Eggs

One of my favorite desserts is "Banana Split Cake." Whenever Bev makes this I want to eat the entire thing myself. (Graham cracker crust, Butter, Eggs, Powdered sugar, Pinapple, Bananas , Whip cream, Cherries, Nuts)

  • Layer after layer...it's the best! I'm sure it's fattening and has lots of calories that can't wait to get their hands on my waistline. :-)

Here's a question...what if she left the eggs out of the recipe? What's the big deal with eggs? Why do most recipes call for them?

Well, the egg is like GLUE. It keeps everything together. It adds strength to the overall ingredients.

Now relate this to your life. We all need "eggs" in our lives - people and leadership that keep us together while we're going through the "oven" of life.

What do you consider to be an egg to you?

1. Jesus. I love the old song that says "without Him, I could do nothing. Without Him, I'd surely fail. Without Him, I would be drifting, Like a ship without a sail."

2. Beverly. When God gave me her, He gave me a "good thing." She is the glue that keeps me together and we enjoy shepherding together.

3. The pastoral team I work with. They are incredibly talented and gifted. They encourage, inspire and challenge me to do want to do better. Thanks guys! (Josh, Nathan & Jeremey!)

4. Our super ministry team! Without them, the wheels at BFWC would come to a halt. I'm amazed at the way these leaders "make it happen" every week!

5. The Spiritual Fathers in my life. Their wisdom and guidance continually provide strength to my personal leadership.

There are more. Who are yours?