Saturday, January 1, 2011

How Do I Help My Leader? (Part 2)

I must keep my leader alert at all times.
  • The word discernment means to be able to pick up on something, to have insight, good judgment and wisdom about things. 
  • In essence...spiritual sharpness.  Staying alert will help me keep my leader informed of any potential dangers, problems or pitfalls.
I must carry and handle my leaders affairs resourcefully.
  • This will require wisdom and being detailed oriented. It is my goal to carry out every plan with success and perfection.  Nothing will thrill my heart more than to assist my leader in all their activities and undertakings.
I must move quickly alongside my leader and keep the pace.
  • The battle requires endurance.  I must remain spiritually fit so that I do not lag behind in the heat of the battle.  My leader must be able to count on me when it really counts.  My level of endurance should keep me in the race from start to finish.
I must protect and watch out for my leader continually.
  • Like Hercules, I must be a mighty warrior on behalf of my leader.  My motto will be "if you want to get to my leader, you'll first have to get through me!"
  • I will not let the enemies of gossip, slander or disloyalty advance to cause my leader harm.  I will fight for my leader and route out enemies swiftly and forcefully.
  • As a good soldier, I will keep one eye on my leader and one eye on the enemy - anticipating the actions of both.
I must rescue my leader from difficulties and hardships.
  • I will continually look for solutions and become the best problem solver I can be.
I must remain on duty at all times.
  • Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday.  As a loyal son, I will serve my leader in matters both small and great. 
  • As a son, I will help my leader remain organized in their activities while preparing and caring for their belongings and supplies.
I must submit to my leader, trusting and obeying without hesitation.
  • Submission isn't always easy but it is absolutely necessary as a son.  Of course, submission is done out of love not demand.  If I trust my leader, it will not be a hardship to submit to their leadership.
I must anticipate my leader's needs and demands.
  • Furnishing and supplying what is needed will remain on the forefront of my heart.  As I think ahead I will plug up any possible holes and bridge any potential gaps.
  • This will require an eye for detail and the ability to recognize vital information that my leader should be made aware of.
I must bring an acceleration in growth and promotion to my leader's progress.
  • My concern is not to promote my own ministry or dreams but rather to enhance my leader's position, guarding against any personal jealousy, envy or selfishness.
  • My goal isn't to promote myself but rather the welfare of my leader.
  • It is my desire to see my leader "get ahead" by sharing his dreams, goals and visions.
I must get along with my leader and make them feel comfortable in leading me.
  • Even if my leader makes decisions that I don't understand, I will follow with absolute loyalty and keep my heart pure.  The last thing I want to do is cause my leader to be stressed out or drained by my behavior, lack of zeal or slothfulness.
  • I will sacrifice my own well being for the betterment of my leader.
I must demonstrate longsuffering towards my leader.
  • I will forgive my leader for any offense immediately and without harboring resentment or anger.  I refuse to hold a grudge against my leader for any reason.
  • I will demonstrate extreme loyalty to my leader, even unto death.
  • I will complete and compliment my leader and esteem their leadership highly.