Friday, February 25, 2011

Who Likes Milk & Cookies?

Milk that is cold is great especially when it is accompanied by chocolate chip cookies!  Milk that is hot is good too especially when it has chocolate syrup in it!  But milk that is LUKEWARM is just plain nasty.

In Revelation 3, Jesus talks about halfhearted people.  "I know thy works, that thou are neither cold nor hot:  I would thou wert cold or hot." (verse 15)
 
God says, "I wish you were one or the other."  It's interesting to me that Jesus would say that he would prefer either cold or hot.  You would think He would have said, "I would rather you be hot. But if lukewarm is all I can get, it's better than nothing."
 
Isn't lukewarm closer to hot than cold?  Jesus said, "I don't want lukewarm, I don't want halfhearted commitments.  I want you to decide.  I want you in or I would rather you were out."
 
Here's why.  If you're hot, you're in.  If you're on fire, if you're walking with God, then you're where God wants you to be.  But if you're cold, hopefully you will at least realize you're cold and one day realize your need for Christ and come to Him.
 
But the lukewarm person is in the worst state of all because he is self-deceived.  The lukewarm person says, "I go to church.  I read the Bible sometimes.  I kind of believe in God - when it's convenient."  That is the worst state of all. 
 
What is your spiritual temperature today?  Are you fighting lukewarmness?  Being a lukewarm Christian is NOT GOOD.  God says He vomits lukewarm Christians out of His mouth.
 
10 Signs you might be a HALFHEARTED Christian:
  1. You think more about life on this earth (and how to be comfortable here) than you do about eternal life.
  2. You give out of your leftovers rather than making it a priority.
  3. You only seek God when you are in a bind.
  4. You say you believe in God, but live as though he doesn’t exist.
  5. You crave acceptance from people more than acceptance from God.
  6. You rarely (or never) share your faith.
  7. You say you believe in God, but you don’t strive to know Him.
  8. You base your morality on comparing yourself with others, rather than on what God says.
  9. Your life is really no different than others in the world.
  10. You want to know Christ just enough to save you from hell, but not enough have to change your lifestyle.