Friday, December 25, 2015

Our Greatest Gift

Christmas is such a special time for our family.  We get together and exchange memories, laughter and gifts. Our conversations naturally point to our present day happenings as well as old memories and stories we love to hear told again...and again...and again.  

I'm thankful for a Christian family.

When we come together, there is harmony, love, prayer, encouragement and lots of talk about JESUS. Not just Jesus...the babe in the manger...but JESUS...the Savior of the world.

As I sit here awake, in the early hours of Christmas morning, MY HEART IS FULL as I think about how Jesus brought the promise of unconditional love, hope and eternal life to every person who believes in Him.

I'm just as excited about SHARING Him with people as I am with sharing earthly gifts with my little family on Christmas morning!

Who will you share Jesus with?

Sharing Jesus is a practical part of my life.  I don't have to be caught up into a spiritual frenzy to "feel" the need or the "unction" to witness about my Savior. I merely just have to live my normal everyday life and the JESUS in me will shine through in everything I say, everything I do and everywhere I go.

  • Sharing Jesus isn't pouncing on people with religious jargon's and "churchy" language.
  • Sharing Jesus isn't trying to impress people with how many Scriptures you have memorized or how many "old testament" feasts and festivals you keep.
  • Sharing Jesus isn't accompanied with a list of "do's & dont's."
Sharing Jesus is offering unconditional love to people who have hurt you, wronged you or even offended you.  It's saying, "the same Jesus that loves me...loves you!" 

Sharing Jesus is lending a helping hand to someone who is experiencing loss, lack or has reached their limit.

Sharing Jesus is turning your weakness into worship! It's praising God in the midst of your trials and tests without losing your testimony!  

Sharing Jesus is choosing to be better not bitter! It's taking your broken pieces and allowing God to make something beautiful out of it

Sharing Jesus is letting your life speak. You won't even have to tell people that you follow Christ...they will see Christ in you and begin to follow too.

I challenge you to SHARE JESUS today and every day after.  Look for ways to make a positive impact in someone's life. Perhaps through your smile, a kind gesture, a huge favor, or a pat on the shoulder.  In time, the gift in you will be requested and you'll have the perfect opportunity to give the GREATEST GIFT...JESUS!