Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bottom Line...Get Off Your Bottom!

Yesterday I asked myself a couple of questions as it pertained to "not being ashamed."  (2 Timothy 2:15) 

Along those lines, I've been thinking about ... "doing my best to present myself unto the Lord as a workman..."

An area every leader will have to master is the temptation of being lazy.  Laziness in leadership, especially church leadership, can happen when you stop doing your part and sit back and expect God to do what HE commanded you to do.

We have to take RESPONSIBILITY for ourselves and quit blaming others for our lack of ambition, drive, results, attitude, outcome, etc.
  • It is my RESPONSIBILITY to prepare my heart each week  to hear from the Lord and then share that in what we call a "sermon" each week.
  • It is my RESPONSIBILITY to make sure I'm praying, reading my Bible, fasting and stretching my faith.
  • It is my RESPONSIBILITY to make the most of each day, work hard, put in my time, talent, treasure, energy and effort into the things God has called me to lead.
Being a "NO SHOW" just isn't acceptable in today's leadership standard.
Being a "NON PERFORMANCE" leader isn't acceptable even in the secular marketplace.

I MUST get off my bottom, roll up my sleeves and WORK HARD!

Anyone who ever did anything GREAT for God was not LAZY.  They focused their energy on the God-given task and were willing to DIE for what they believed in.

Consider today the question..."Am I presenting myself unto the Lord as a WORKER that needeth not be ashamed?"

The most DANGEROUS thing a leader can do is set the cruise control!