Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Do I Prefer Others or God?

Paul said in Romans 12:1 to "present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."  

In other words, "Do my best to present myself to God."

On that day, the day I stand before God, I don't believe I'll give an account for:

  • Whether or not I kept people happy.
  • Whether or not I appeased everyone.
  • Whether or not I preached sermons that people WANTED to hear.
I'll answer for whether or not I was FAITHFUL to WHO He called me to be and WHAT He called me to be.

Friends, just like Nehemiah, we cannot be more concerned with what people say and forget about what God says.  When you lay your head to rest each night, you'll have peace if you know that you did your best to HONOR God and His calling on your life regardless of everyone else's opinion. 

I have to remind myself that focusing on "them" doesn't allow me to focus on "Him!"  You have a CHOICE

Galatians 1:10 "For do I now persuade men, or God?  Or do I seek to please men?  For if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."


What is your choice today?  Do you prefer others before God or do you prefer God before others?