Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5 Different Reasons People Seek Out a LEADER

I am unable to do ministry in the power of God without the following:  
  • Enablement
  • Empowerment
  • Envisioning
To bear fruit in a way that pleases God  and to bear fruit in every good work, I need the mind of Christ to help me:
  • Perceive
  • Process
  • Perform
To effectively equip people for the work of the ministry, I need the Lord's infusing of:
  • His mind
  • His power
  • His guidance
Five different reasons people seek out a LEADER
  1. Motivation
    • They want someone who will motivate them to GET INVOLVED and stay involved in ministry.  In essence, a cheerleader or a coach who will call them, text them, email them, visit them, eat with them, pray with them and keep them encouraged.  In my own ministry, I've found that to some people I'm viewed as their "buddy" or their "bro."  I'm only needed for motivation. 
  2. Resolution
    • They want a leader who knows how to resolve conflicts through wise negotiations. Sometimes people show up at church in CRISIS MODE.  They're dealing with a failed marriage, failed relationships, failed finances or a multiplicity of failures.  They're looking for someone to help  them through their difficulty and bring resolution to their relationships, riches and religion.
  3. Action
    • They want a leader who identifies the course of action to take.  Someone who will say, "This is the way walk ye in it."  It's encouraging when you find a leader who knows what they want to do and what steps it will take to get there.  All of us want to be around people who are SOLUTIONARY and able to ACT when it's time to act.
  4. Adjudication 
    • They want a leader who will make DECISIONS which are in the best interest of the people, even if those decisions may not be popular. Knowing that a leader will do what's best for the WHOLE is a relief, especially in a world of partiality and politics.  Sometimes people come from a church experience where decisions were made to appease a certain family or to keep "Sister Hoopendiddle" happy.  In those cases, the BIG PICTURE gives way to personality and personality can be very persuasive.  People want a leader who will make TOUGH DECISIONS in the face of conflict that are best for the whole while at the same time loving all parties involved in any given situation.  If you have a leader who does this...you better hold on to them.  Chances are, you'll need their wisdom in days to come.
  5. Cultivation
    • They want  a leader who will TRAIN and DEVELOP leaders to help in the ministry. Simply put, some people are looking for a FATHER!  Someone who will believe in them and give them ample time to develop, grow, nurture and fulfill their calling, character and commission.  One of the things I love to do is MENTOR!  My life verse is Psalms 145:4 "One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts."  This verse keeps me continually conscious of my assignment.   I'm presently praying for MORE SONS to mentor/coach/father.  The level of the relationship isn't the most important thing...it is the joy of knowing I'm fulfilling my calling and building HIS KINGDOM in the process!
I want to express my love to all of my Spiritual Fathers today!  Ray Hylton, Leeroy Hill, & Wayman Ming Jr.  I'm so blessed to have them in my life!