Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Santa's Workshop

As a child, I remember buying cheap Christmas gifts for my family at Santa’s Workshop, when I was in elementary school. (1970’s)

I wrapped every gift & had a warm feeling in my heart to see my family open them up on Christmas morning.

I still have that warm feeling of giving gifts to my family & friends...especially at Christmas.

Over the years, Beverly & I have had seasons where we had much to give as well as seasons where we had little to give. But we always gave something...even if it was a handwritten note or a homemade card that expressed our love to those dear to us. I guess that’s where the phrase, “It’s the thought that counts” matters most.

This Christmas, whether you have a lot or a little, give yourself completely to your family & friends. A smile, a warm hug, a conversation, laughter, something homemade or store bought...your presence is what matters most.

When we are intentional with our giving, we reflect our Heavenly Father, Who was intentional in giving us His only begotten Son. Salvation is FREE to us but rest assured it cost Jesus His life. He gave His best.

The warm feeling of gift giving may feel different, from year to year, but it helps to remember The One Who gave first.

Christmas, to me, is more than presents under a tree, name brands or trends, it’s about JESUS coming to restore what was lost...to redeem mankind & ultimately reconcile us through His death, burial & resurrection.

I love this time of year. The memories, traditions, food, travel, family, togetherness...it still gives me that warm feeling. I pray you are surrounded by family & friends this week & that your heart is filled with peace.

Merry Christmas! Be someone’s gift!

#Room