Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Shacked Up


Christians don't shack up with their boyfriends/girlfriends & then float along in life, serve in ministry, pretend to be one thing at church while living in sin. It's a terrible testimony. It's learned behavior. It's sin. It's wrong. It shouldn't be celebrated...it should be repented of.

When there is true REPENTANCE, there will be REVIVAL in our lives & homes...then that REVIVAL will sweep into the church.
If you're sinning. Stop.
I rebuke this manipulating spirit in the name of Jesus.
When we know better, we should do better. Knowing right from wrong doesn't mean you don't or won't sin. Knowing right from wrong is an awareness God put in us. We have ALL sinned & come short of the glory of God. So, I do not say these things as a sinless person...but as a person whose sins are cleansed. Everyday, I'm clinging to the cross of Jesus.
And for anyone that says, "Pastor we aren't supposed to judge." Let me encourage you to believe the Scriptures. One of which teaches us that we are entitled to make a righteous judgement if we ourselves are willing to be judged by the same judgement.
As God's children, although we must be cautious in our judgments concerning ourselves & others, we cannot ignore our Lord's commands that instruct us to make judgments. In John 7:24, Jesus said "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment"
But what does it mean to judge with righteous judgment? Jesus revealed this earlier in John 5:30: Jesus spoke, saying, "I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me."
If we seek and follow the true will of God, which can only be found in His word, then when it comes time for us to help people discern between right & wrong, then we will not judge with our opinions or what we think is right, but just like the mind that Christ had, we will only seek to do the will of the Father. Following the limitations for judgment that are taught throughout the Scriptures, all we are to do in order to judge righteous judgment is to hear God's word, & judge using His standard.
How can anyone honestly say that Jesus didn't judge? For that matter, when our Lord's true followers make righteous judgments, based on His word, in order to expose sin & help the lost to be saved, why would anyone ever think that Jesus would condemn them for that? Jesus has plainly revealed that those who abide in His ways will judge with righteous judgment.
Friends, if you love your family & friends enough to not want them to spend eternity in HELL...you'll love them enough to teach them the TRUTH of The Word of God. We don't celebrate or tolerate sin. We love anyone & everyone who sins (including ourselves) to the point that we would rather they find their way out of bondage into the marvelous grace of Jesus Christ.
Ask yourself?
"Am I sending a mixed message to my family?"
"Do I live one way at church & another at home?"
"Do my children have respect for me, based on my character?"
"Am I leading my children to a consecrated life in Christ?"
Lots to ponder today. Love you all.