Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day Eight - January 18, 2012



Where did your joy go? Did it run out?  Is it hiding?  How do you find real joy?  I still believe that if you take the attention off of yourself and focus on meeting someone else's needs...you'll find joy in it.


To give yourself for the benefit of someone else out of pure joy is not common today.  Joy comes when we find a way to make deposits in other people's emotional banks.


Jesus said in John 16:24 "...ask and you will receive, and your JOY will be complete."


"The disciples were filled with JOY and with the Holy Spirit." Acts 13:52


"May the God of hope fill you with all JOY and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13


"In my prayer for all of you, I always pray with JOY." Philippians 1:4


Share

  • Are you afraid to give to others for fear you'll end up with nothing in the end?  If you maintain that train of thought you'll end up holding to a "what about me" attitude that will ultimately keep you confined to a lifestyle of stinginess.  One way to walk in JOY is to consider yourself a "giver," someone who adds value to others.
Pray
  • A lifestyle of prayer will keep your heart hot!  When your heart is hot, there's very little room for pride, envy, jealously and other JOY-killers.  When we live in the realm of prayer, the fire of the Holy Spirit will burn within us.
Focus
  • When we attempt to do too much we can become extremely frustrated.  The truth is, you can't be all thing to all people.  Rethink your busy schedule and focus on the things that are essential.  You'll rediscover your JOY as you major on your strengths and delegate your weaknesses to others.
Smile
  • Smiles are contagious.  If you give one away, it always comes right back.  The principle is if you give away JOY you'll receive it back.  One way this can happen is when you praise the accomplishments of others.  Be quick to offer a smile and a kind word.  If you'll become a person who makes others feel good about themselves, they will return the favor.
Recapture your JOY today!

PRAYER
Lord, You are the reason for my joy.  You have saved me, delivered me and rescued me from the clinch of sin.  The very fact that I can breathe brings me joy.  Thank you for giving me a hope beyond this world.  I commit myself to sharing Your joy to others today.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.