Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day Eleven - January 21, 2012


Blessed are the FLEXIBLE for they shall be flexed.  A lack of flexibility is why we're often attracted to "pre-packaged" ministry.  We prefer that our lives have a regimented schedule so we know what to do and when.  Just thinking about coming up with a 5-year plan is intimidating.


If you're going to serve in ministry...YOU MUST BE FLEXIBLE.  The Scriptures teach us about being "instant in season and out" and ready to be used of God at any time in any way.  If you're not flexible...YOU WILL BREAK.


Life is full of interruptions...especially in the ministry.  However, interruptions are just OPPORTUNITIES for God to use you to share His love with others.  If we live our lives guided by the Holy Spirit, we need to be open to hearing and obeying His voice as He speaks to us from his Word.


I have found that having a schedule is CRUCIAL for my sanity!  However, I must be careful not to become a slave to it.  I may purpose to take care of administrative details only to have the Lord shift me to minister to someone one-on-one in prayer.  When we walk in the Spirit we are open to having our schedule rearranged.  Believe me, everything God wants done will get done.


If we're going to see measurable success in our lives and ministry then we must be good stewards of our time.  At the same time, we must be flexible and open to change.  Being willing to go wherever the Lord leads is essential to the Kingdom of God being shared.  Sometimes you'll be called upon at a moments notice to teach a class, pray with someone, counsel another, plunge a toilet and fix the boiler.  (All in one service...ha ha ha)


The flexible never break!


PRAYER
It's me Lord.  Once again, I'm coming to You with a heart of gratitude.  Thank you for loving me, saving me and placing me in the ministry.  You're not a burden!  Living for You is a privilege and never a chore.  Thank You for waking me up today and thank You for leading me in a clear path.  Regardless of what happens today, may I respond as You would.  May I love as You would.  May I give as You would. May I be flexible in all my efforts. In Jesus' name.  Amen.