Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day Seven - January 17, 2012


The power of the Holy Spirit helps our weakness.  We can know what the Word of God says and yet lack the power to fulfill it.  But the Spirit of God comes and helps us do what we cannot do.  The Spirit of God enables us to serve God.


Often, I've been asked if I ever feel inadequate, and my response is "you'd better believe it!"  In fact, I feel inadequate in almost everything I undertake.  That is why we must depend upon the Holy Spirit if we are to accomplish anything for God.  If I am full of the Holy Spirit I can enjoy the benefits of that fullness.  We should saturate ourselves with the Word of God and be filled with the Holy Spirit, together they are an unbeatable combination.


Friends, if we have ALL WORD and no HOLY SPIRIT we will DRY UP.  If we have all Holy Spirit and no Word, we will BLOW UP.  But when you have a balance of the two, you GROW UP!


God seems to confirm this in His Word...2 Corinthians 3:5-6 "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the later killeth, but the spirit giveth life."


We are weak in the flesh under sin.  But we are STRONG in the Spirit having been washed and cleansed.  We must be weak in the flesh as to dependence on our own strength.  But we must be endued with power and be filled with the Spirit so we can utilize the Spirits gifting and in His presence follow His promptings and enjoy His fellowship.


So you see, the power is to support you in your weakness.


PRAYER
Lord, may my heart be opened to receive the entirety of Your Spirit and all the benefits of Your Spirit's leading in my life.  I recognize my weakness today and embrace Your strength.  Come Holy Spirit...I need You.