Monday, January 23, 2012

Day Thirteen - January 23, 2012


The men that God had raised up to help Moses helped him best when they stood by his side and held up his arms.  That is our responsibility towards those God has placed over us.  As a loyal son to my fathers, it is my calling, my responsibility, and my duty to assist my pastor(s) and leader(s).  My Bishop is the leader; he is the shepherd whom God has charged with overseeing our ministry.  My job is to ease his burden, to make his job lighter, to hold up his arms, to help him in anything that needs done.


My job is to pray for my leader daily, to encourage him if I can, to give him lots of data so he knows everything that's going on, so that he's never surprised by anything, to give him input and opinion, to support him and help him.  Bishop doesn't want nor need a yes man that nods dumbly at everything.  But on the other hand, he doesn't need some independent cowboy seeking to build his own kingdom.


God has placed somebody over you.  Submit to them.  Love them.  Pray for them.  Help them.  Above all, always be loyal.  Never betray those with whom you minister.  Never backbite or criticize publicly.  Never gossip or be a talebearer. 


If there's something you can't live with in a ministry, quietly leave.  Never try to build your own ministry on another man's foundation.  Touch not the Lord's anointed.  If he's off the wall, God will deal with him; who are we to criticize another man's servant?


Never cause strife or division.  Help, encourage, submit, lighten the load, assist.  Don't try and be a star.  Serve God by serving the leader God has placed you under.  If I'm doing my job right, my leader will never have to worry about this part of the ministry because he'll know that it is running just exactly as it would if he had the time to be here and do it all personally.  The only reason he needs me is because he doesn't have time to do it all.  If he did, he'd do it himself.  It is my leader's oversight; I need to guide it just as he would.


If you have a heart for God's people, are a servant, and are willing to put sincere effort into your service, you'll never have trouble with your leader.


PRAYER
Dear Lord, I submit to You and to those You've placed over me.  Today, I will check my motives and heart to make sure that all is well and that I'm not conflicted.  Thank You for your goodness and thank You for seeing fit to place me in the ministry.  You are not a burden!  You are not a chore!  You are the love of my life.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.