Friday, January 27, 2012

Day Seventeen - January 27, 2012


Vision is useless in the hands of someone who lacks the discipline to do what needs to be done to make it happen.


God is large and in charge.  We need to dream big dreams because God is able to do "exceedingly, abundantly more than we can ask or think."  Ephesians 3:20 


Question:  Is God insulted when we dream small?


Jesus said in John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."


It's one thing to dream it...it's another to have the DISCIPLINE to see the dream come to pass...through a disciplined life.


When God gives us a vision, He also gives us the GIFTS and TALENTS needed to make that vision come to pass.  If we sit back and "wait on the Lord" to do it all for us then we aren't being "spiritual"...we are actually being LAZY.


Why does God give us VISION?


It's not for the purpose of just giving us INFORMATION...but rather TRANSFORMATION.  The first person that has to be transformed is the one He gave the vision to.  If we're content to sit around and merely dream about it...nothing will happen.  


When God gives us vision, He does so knowing that it will LIGHT A FIRE within us that will make us want to do whatever it takes to make that vision a reality.


Many people dream BIG...few people want to pay the price to do whatever it takes to make that dream become a reality.  If you are a leader, then understand this...THE BIGGER THE VISION, the HIGHER the PRICE you will have to PAY.


Big Vision requires Big Responsibility!


PRAYER
Dear Lord, You have placed a vision within me that cannot be extinguished by time or temporary set backs.  I cannot control other people's behavior, attitudes or laziness...but I can control mine.  With Your help, I will put works with my prayers to see the dream come to pass.  I'm committed to fulfilling the dream You called me to and not settling for just a portion of it.  No matter how long it takes, I will do my part to make that vision become a reality.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.