Thursday, July 18, 2019

Offended At His Message And Mission

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him." (John 6:66)
I can barely stand to read this passage. It literally brings tears to my eyes every time. It's like I instantly start grieving in my spirit.
This is probably the most heart wrenching Scripture I've ever read. In this passage, Jesus knew who wouldn't stay with Him. He foretold that they would become OFFENDED at His MESSAGE & MISSION.
As a leader, I've encountered this too. You can want something more for someone than they want it for themselves. Jesus led them as far as He could. After they departed...he turned to His inner circle & asked them this: "Will you also go away?"
I love their response..."Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."
Friend, we are living in a time where many people become offended & stray away. When you talk with them, you'll get a varied response: "They expect too much out of you", "They expect you to give up too much", "They are too hard on me, etc."
The reality is, you are trying to PULL people UP but you're also expecting them to PUSH themselves too.
Sadly, until people have their own encounter with JESUS ... life is just about going to work, playing sports, grocery shopping, vacations, hobbies, punching in the time clock at church, etc... (None of those things are necessarily wrong in and of themselves) but anything that DISTRACTS us from our DESPERATE HUNGER for Christ...is secondary compared to HIM!
I think back to when that's all I knew. But once you've experienced JESUS...your "want" changes. Your "desires" change. Your "speech" changes. You want more of HIM so much...that you become extremely focused & intentional about how you live.
All you have to do is listen to the speech of people in their posts, conversations, etc., to figure out what they are focused on. Whatever they talk about the most...is what they love the most. LET THAT SINK IN.
I'm praying for an ARMY of people to become so radically in LOVE with YAHWEH that we wouldn't even think about "turning away & walking with Him no more."
This is the direction I'm walking in. I've been through too much to live wasted days, months & years!
Love you all!
I'm believing for more!
#ROOM