Thursday, July 18, 2019

What If?

WHAT IF:
• I were the owner of a restaurant, but never ate at it?
• I were the owner of a hotel, but never stayed at it?
• I were the coach of a sports team, but never attended a game?
• I were the leader of a ministry, but never led it?
• I were the pastor of a church, but never attended it?
WHAT IF:
• There was a restaurant convention in town but, as an owner, I didn't avail myself or my team to it?
• There was a hotel convention in town but, as an owner, I didn't avail myself or my team to it?
• There was a sports conference in town but, as the coach, I didn’t avail myself or my team to attend it?
• There was a Childrens/Student/Leadership Ministry conference/event in town but, as a ministry leader, I didn't avail myself or my team to it?
• There was a pastor's/leadership conference in town but, as a pastor/staff, I didn't avail myself or my team to it?
Are you thinking like an OWNER or an EMPLOYEE?
Are you thinking like a SON or a SERVANT?
How you see yourself often determines the words you speak & the actions you take. I would go as far as to say that the way you see yourself is the way others will treat you.
As I've served in ministry & observed business practices...I've learned that we can never stop learning. We must continually position ourselves to learn where we can & when we can.
I've also learned that my actions reveal who I am. This verse has always been powerful to me: Where your treasure is...there your heart will be. (Matthew 6:21)
If the company I work for (which pays my salary & provides my livelihood) succeeds...I succeed.
If the church I attend & serve in (which provides me community, a place to fulfill my calling & spiritual help) succeeds...I succeed...and my family succeeds, too.
When you GRASP this...it's a REVELATION that will affect your actions.
I've always lived my life with this thought, "I must promote what's promoting me." In other words, what ever is adding value to me...I need to make sure I'm adding value to it as well. It's a principle called RECIPROCITY.
I also approach this from another perspective: How can I bring improvements to where I'm at? A lot of times, we get in a rut & need to remind ourselves that we are called to ADD VALUE everywhere we are.
Don't let miscommunication, misunderstanding or misinformation allow you to miscarry your full potential! God wants you to BLOOM where you're planted!
Bring VALUE to the table & be determined to IMPROVE yourself in the process. God will bless you & others in the process.
It's a journey.
One step at a time.
Hit the reset button, but don't give up.
What if you turn your WHAT IF into a WHY NOT?