Friday, January 15, 2010

Prayer Enlarges our Vision


DAY FIVE

Prayer enlarges our vision – Isaiah 54:2-3 2Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes; 3For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.

Have you ever felt like a rubber band that’s being stretched? I have. In fact, I have felt stretched in multiple areas of my life. Each of us are different. We respond to the “stretching” different from one another based on our personalities, talents and gifts.

The truth is…we’re not going to be effective till we’re stretched. (A rubber band hasn’t done its job till it’s stretched) The stretching equips us for SUCCESS.

1. Inspired to stretch – we don’t always like the stretching. In fact, we’ll avoid it as long as we can especially if we are faced with a challenge that is seemingly difficult to overcome.

  • We dread it because we’ve never been down this road before. What if it turns out to be a bad experience?
  • We are content with how things are right now. We’d rather remain in the ease of our comfort zones.
  • We don’t have the confidence to climb over the low self-esteem that has convinced us we’re only meant to be average.
  • What inspires you?

Some people can’t resist a challenge.

  • Some are inspired after a long season of dissatisfaction or even a previous accomplishment.
  • Again…what inspires you?

1 Corinthians 15:58 58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

2. The Never Ending Stretch – If you stop stretching, you become dull.

Realize your possibilities

  • What are you doing right now that you enjoy? If you are content with what you’re doing, it’s probably because your surroundings are conducive to creativity.

Commit your possibilities

  • Proverbs 16:3 3Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
  • If you are not stretching in your Christian walk you will limit your effectiveness for the Lord’s work.

Expand your possibilities

  • Accepting responsibility for your personal development is key to reaching your fullest potential.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank You for stretching me in my personality, gifts & talents. Thank You for allowing me the privilege of serving in Your Kingdom. Sometimes I feel the stretching is going to pull me apart. But I know when You stretch me, You are making more room in me for Your Spirit. As You stretch me I will be thankful and I will rejoice even though the process is sometimes painful and uncomfortable. I commit myself to this journey You have started me on and am determined to welcome every possibility I’m presented with.