Monday, January 11, 2010

Prayer Changes Us



DAY ONE

Prayer Changes Us -
Psalms 25:4-5 4 Show me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. 5Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

• God, I want to know Your ways, be taught Your paths and be led into Your truth.
• Lord, unless You show me your ways, I cannot discern which direction to go.
• If You don’t teach me, I cannot learn.
• If You don’t lead me, I cannot walk.
• Lord, I will wait on you, I will persevere in earnest prayer.

The first day of a fast is exciting and challenging at the same time. The sense of knowing that you’re pushing past the desires of the flesh and expanding the growth of your spirit man. Then there’s the challenge of cravings, habits and routines that must be mastered.

Looking forward to Day Two…