Saturday, January 9, 2010

Today, History Was Made!

Dear BFWC Family,

Today was a history making day for Bethel Family Worship Center. We hosted our first official Game Day for UPWARD Basketball and Cheerleading. My heart was overwhelmed to see so many children participating.

One thing that was really exciting to me was the opportunity we had to meet so many parents and relatives of the children. In fact, I spoke with two families who asked what time our services were on Sunday morning. I received lots of positive feedback about the experience.

Years ago, we enrolled Kaitlyn in the UPWARD program at Ben Davis Christian Church. It was a wonderful experience! Beverly and I dreamed of one day being able to host a quality program like UPWARD at BFWC. Today, that dream became a reality!

These children will learn valuable principles concerning healthy competition, sportsmanship, skill building and fun - verses the "win-at-all-costs" mentality found in many children sport leagues. Winning is so much more than the final score.

I want to commend Coach Andy Carpenter and the entire UPWARD team for their professionalism and commitment to this ministry. The atmosphere today was exciting! The spirit of the meeting was edifying and everyone had such a good attitude. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As your pastor, I rejoice in my heart when I see the quality of ministry that went forth today. My dear BFWC family - you are a great body of believers!!!

With all my heart,

Pastor Hylton