Monday, January 25, 2010

Prayer Invokes God's Favor


DAY FIFTEEN

Prayer Invokes God’s Favor – Psalms 5:11-12 11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. 12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

What is Favor?

Webster’s = a spirit of approval, goodwill, or liking, partiality. An act of kindness or generosity.

When we say someone is favored, we are saying they have been given advantages and special privileges. God referred to the Children of Israel as His favored. (Ephesians 2:11-12) King David also knew the blessings of favor.

We too, are marked with favor when the blood of Jesus is applied to our lives in faith. We are “made” righteous we confess Him as our Savior. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

How do I keep this favor?

  1. Find out what God is interested in and do that. – He is interested in building His Kingdom. Are you more interested in building His house…or your house? Make His interests primary and your interests secondary. If we so a little….we will only receive a little.

  2. Measure up to His standard and not your own. – too many times we are tempted to look at others and compare. However, when we do this, we become discouraged and feel like giving up when we fall short of someone else’s accomplishments. Jesus is our standard. When you realize how much he loves you, His love satisfies you.

  3. Remain unspotted from the world. – If we have a mixture of the world in our lives we will catch an infectious mix from the tinge of compromise and the craving of the flesh. It is better to keep ourselves unspotted from anything that would stain the holiness of our garment.


Prayer
“Lord, I thank You for Your favor. Thank You for compassing me with divine privilege and increased advantage. I purpose in my heart to remain under Your covering and to drink only from your chalice of blessing. You know my heart. Search me. Try me. Correct me. As I know You Love me.”